St Oswald Church Malpas, Cheshire: St Oswalds is s a solid looking church, imposing on the outside, but inside it is particularly splendid. Its most impressive feature is its panelled ceiling, adorned with gilded bosses and angels, which glisten against the oak panelling. The two chapels are dedicated to the two ruling families of 16th century Malpas: the Breretons and the Cholmondeleys. It is interesting to compare the two tombs, that of Sir Randle and Lady Brereton dated 1522 is elegant and intricate, while the later tomb of Sir Hugh and Lady Cholmondeley is much plainer, without the numerous carved weepers around the base that appear on the older tomb. Do not leave without seeking out the 13th century iron bound carved oak chest close to the entrance. It is as impressive as anything in the church.